The CORGUARD system is a modified vinylester, heavy duty system applied in multiple aggregate-filled layers. Their seamless installation is non-porous, giving maximum resistance to corrosive spills, while being virtually maintenance free. The use of multiple layers enhances its durability, reduces crack propagation and improves toughness. The nature of the materials used in the composite material make it extremely abrasive resistant.
This System is replacing existing acid bricking or acid tiling due to it being practically a joint free system. Expansion joints are built in the system to coincide with those of the concrete substrate. Typically the joints form the most vulnerable part of any protection system and therefore reduced jointing ensures reduced risk.
The CORGUARD System is formulated utilising the most advanced chemistry available. Each system provides complete protection against chemical attack and abrasive wear under extreme temperature conditions. The system comprises of a Poly Bond Primer, which seals the concrete and improves adhesion, even penetrating the concrete to some extent.
CORGUARD Flooring Systems are attractive and versatile performers in:
- Chemical Plants
- Tankhouse Basements
- High Tech Plants
- Ore Processing Plants
- Pulp Mills
- General Industry
- Paper Mills
- Food Processing Areas
- Acid / Alkaline Environments
Why CORGUARD as care and maintenance products:
- CORGUARD 9000 applied in multiple layers reduces porosity and ensures specified thickness' for maximum protection on horizontal surfaces.
- Broadcast aggregate filled resin layers reduce air entrapment.
- CORGUARD 9000 has high impact strength and is tough.
- CORGUARD 4000 LAM ensures total protection and eliminates porosity on vertical surfaces.
- CORGUARD Systems have been used extensively throughout the world.
- If failure or damage occurs the system is easily repaired. The integrity of the repaired area will match the surrounding area.
- The System is applied as a seamless application from expansion joint to expansion joint. This presents huge advantages over other more jointed systems as the risk of joint failure is reduced.
- The seamless application additionally provides quick and easy identification of any substrate movement. A hairline crack will become noticeable in the floor surface. Once identified, the failure can be converted into an expansion joint, thus the integrity of the floor protection system is maintained.
- The Priming System used to interface the concrete with the lining system is an exceptional product (Polybond Primer) that absorbs 2 - 3 mm into the concrete and forms a genuine interface with the resins as it builds up internally to create a surface layer. The Polybond has a brilliant bond with the modified vinylester resins.
- The expansion joint material is again a market leader and has been used successfully for many years.